What is AIFD?
- Candidate need to give Written Admission Test (WAT) to get admission in B. Sc course.
- Candidate need to give Creative Aptitude Test (CAT) and Interview to get admission into M. Sc course.
Candidates can either get application form from AIFD Bangalore and AWES branches or candidate can download application form from website. In both options candidate needs to send duly filled form at AIFD with demand draft of 500 rs.
WAT Important Dates:
- Application form: 05 April to 25 April
- Admit Card dispatch: 25 April
- WAT exam date: 13 May
- WAT result: 22 May
CAT Important Dates:
- Application form: 30 June to 5 July
- Admit Card dispatch: 5 July
- CAT exam date: 22 July
- CAT result: 5 August
AIFD Courses and Eligibility:
Only family member of Army / Ex Army personal can apply for admission in AIFD
B. Sc (Fashion & Apparel Design): Candidates who have scored at least 35% marks in 10 + 2 (Intermediate) exam are eligible.
M.Sc. ATM (Fashion & Apparel Design): Graduation degree in Science / Engineering in Fashion & Apparel Design / Apparel & Fashion Technology / Textile Technology / Fashion Designing / Textiles & Clothing / Costume & Apparel Design/ Costume Design and Fashion / Silk Technology with minimum 50% marks.
AIFD WAT and CAT Exam Pattern:
Maximum Marks: 100 marks
Maximum Time: 3 hours
Negative Marking: No Negative marking
Exam Pattern/ Sections:
AIFD WAT Exam Centres:
- Army Public School Near Signal Regiment Southern Command; Sholapur Road, Pune, Maharashtra- 411 001
- Army Public School Abdul Hamid Barracks Kamaraj Road, Bangalore, Karnataka 560042
- Army Public School Shankar Vihar, Delhi Cantt, New Delhi– 110 010
- Army Public School Ballygunge Maidan Camp Kolkata, West Bengal -700019
- Army Public School LBS Margt. Lucknow Cantt., Uttar Pradesh–226002
- Army School Narangi PO –Satgaon Guwahati, Assam–781027