What is EAMCET?
EAMCET is the entrance examl conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad for entry into the first year of B.Tech., B.E., B.Sc., MBBS, BHMS, BDS, D. Pharm and other engineering and medical courses.
- BE/ B.Tech. (Bio-Tech)
- B.Tech. (Diary Technology)
- B.Tech. (Ag. Engineering)
- B. Pharmacy
- B.Tech. (Food Science and Technology (FST))
- B.Sc. (Commercial Agri. & Business Mgt. (CA & BM))
- B.Sc. (Ag.)
- B.Sc. (Hort.)
- B.V.Sc. & A.H.
Candidate must satisfy these criteria before applying for EAMCET.
- Candidate must belong to Andhra Pradesh state of India country.
- For B.Tech., B.E., B. B.Sc. courses: a candidate must passed 12th (10 + 2) with minimum 45% (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in Mathematics, Physics and Biology / Biotechnology. Candidates whose result is awaited are also eligible.
- Candidates applying for Engineering and pharmacy courses must attained 16 years of age till 16 December of the admission.
- For MBBS and BDS Courses: candidates who have passed 10 + 2 exam with minimum 50% marks (40% for reserved categories) in Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Biotechnology or who have appeared in 10 + 2 exam with these subjects are eligible. The candidate must attained 17 years before 1 December of the year of admisssion.
- For BAMS / BHMS / BNYS courses: the candidate should have appeared or passed Intermediate exam (10 + 2) pattern with Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology. The lower age limit for these candidates is 17 years and upper age limit is 22 years (25 years for SC and ST candidates).
- For B. Pharmacy Course: candidate should obtained at least 45 % marks (40% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) in Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Mathematics. Lower age limit for these candidates is 17 years.
EAMCET Application Form:
The EAMCET Application forms are available only online at www.apeamcet.org
- Candidates with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry should submit ‘E’ stream online application for Engineering B.E/B.Tech./B.Tech. (Ag. Engg.)/B.Tech.(Dairy
Technology)/B.Tech.(FST) / B.Sc.(CA&BM) (MPC) / B.Pharm. (MPC)/Pharm-D (MPC) courses.
- Candidates with Biology, Physics and Chemistry as optional subjects in their Intermediate or its equivalent course should submit
‘AM’ stream online application for B.Sc. (Ag.) / B.Sc. (Hort.) / B.V.Sc. & AH / B.F.Sc. / B.Tech. (FST) / B.Sc. (CA&BM) / MBBS /
BDS / BAMS / BHMS / BNYS / B.Pharm / B.Tech. (Bio-Technology) (Bi.P.C.) / Pharm-D (Bi.P.C) courses. For B.Tech. (Bio-Technology) (Bi.P.C).
- Date of EAMCET: 12-05-2012 (Saturday)
- For Engineering Stream (E): 12-05-2012 from 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM
- For Agriculture & Medical Stream (AM): 12-05-2012 from 02.30 PM to 5.30 PM
- Date of commencement of submission of Online Applications: 12-02-2012.
- Test Centre will be allotted at Hyderabad / Secunderabad only.
EAMCET Exam Pattern:
- EAMCET Medical stream exam: Physics (40); Chemistry (40) and Biology (Botany and Zoology) (80).
- EAMCET Enginnering stream exam: Mathematics (80); Physics (40) and Chemistry (40).
- For admission into MBBS/BDS programs, the candidates must have obtained minimum 50% marks (40% for SC/ST) in PCB taken together in both qualifying examination and EAMCET exam.
- EAMCET entrance test is of 3 hours duration.
- The qualifying percentage of marks in EAMCET 25% i.e. 40 out of a total 160.