SSC Lower Division Clerk Recruitment:
Recruitment to the post of Lower Division Clerk (Group X & group Y) is done by Combined Secondary Level Exam conduct by Staff Selection Comission.
Eligibility for Lower Division Clerk in SSC:
Age: 18- 27 years as on Ist of August of the year of the examination. Upper age limit & Age concession is as per rules by the Govt. of India.
Nationality: Resident of India, Bhutal, Nepal are eligible.
A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Related: SSC Graduate Level combined Exam (Updated)
Medical Eligibility: A candidate must be in good mental and free from any physical defect which is likely to interfere with the efficient discharge of his/her duties as an Officer of the Service. A candidate who, after such medical examination as may be prescribed by the competent authority, is found not to satisfy these requirements, would be disappointed then and there.
Combined Preliminary Examination:
The of the Examination is conducted in three tiers as indicated below:
- Preliminary (Written) Examination (Objective Type)
- Skill Test (Typing Test)
SSC LDC Objective Type Exam :
Typing Test for LDC:
Typing Test (qualifying in nature) conducted for a particular category later for those candidates who qualify the main exam.
Skill Test for Lower Division Clerks: Candidates opting for English medium should have typing speed of 35 words per minute and those opting for Hindi medium should have typing speed of 30 words per minute. 35 w.p.m. and 30 w.p.m. corresponds to 10500 key depressions per hour/9000 key depressions per hour respectively.
Lower Division Clerk in Grade Pay of Rs. 1900/-
Related: SSC Sample papers
Job Placement :
LDC Group – X:
1. Coast Guard, New Delhi
2. O/O Controller General Of Accounts
3. Intelligence Bureau
4. Central Vigilance Commission
5. Ministry Of Parliamentary Affairs
6. Indian Foreign Service(B) Grade IV
7. President’s Secretariat
8. Central Bureau Of Investigation
9. Election Commission Of India
10. Armed Forces Headquarters’ clerical Service Lower Division Grade
11. Any Other Central Government Department
LDC Group – X:
1. Subordinate Offices of Govt. of India located all over India
2. Offices of the Controller and Auditor General of India
3. Accountant General (Audit)
4. Accountant General (Accounts & Estt.)
5. Controller General of Defence Accounts
6. Any other Office/ Organization not mentioned
How to Apply :
SSC publish advertisment in Employment Newspaper with instructions for various posts.