Maharashtra Health Science & Technical CET
What is MHT CET?
MHT CET or Maharashtra CET is common entrance test conduct by DTE Mumbai on behalf of Government of Maharashtra for accepting admission of candidates in Health Science, BVSc & AH, Engineering and Pharmacy courses in various colleges in Maharashtra.
Related: MAH CET Engg. Sample Papers
MHT CET Notification:
- Application forms will be available from 19/03/2012 to 31/03/2012 at Jr. College/High School/Divisional Authority.
- Last date of submition of applicfation form: 31/03/2012.
- Last date to recieve admit card: 03/05/2012
- Date of Examination: 10/05/2012 (Thursday)
The cost of application form is Rs. 700/- (Rs. 500/- for reserved category candidates.)
MHT CET Eligibility:
- Eligibility For Maharashtra Candidates: Those who have appeard for XII std. or equivalent exam or have already passed this exam are eligible for MHT CET Exam.
- Eligibility for Outside Maharashtra State candidates: These candidates are also eligible but these candidates will be able to apply for the admissions against the Institute Level Seats ONLY in the Unaided Private Engineering Colleges/Institutes on the basis MHT-CET score. There is no reservation for these candidates, they all treated as General candidates.
- All candidates applying for MHT CET must have passed their XII exam in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with minimum 45% marks (40% for Physically and Backward class candidates of Maharashta State ONLY).
MAH CET Reservation:
Here is chart for reservation:
|Category||Percentage of Seats Reserved|
|Scheduled Castes and Schedule caste converts to Buddhism ( SC)||13 %|
|Schedule Tribes (ST)||7 %|
|Vimukta Jati (VJ)/De notified Tribes( DT) (NT-A)||3 %|
|Nomadic Tribes 1 (NT-B)||2.5 %|
|Nomadic Tribes 2 (NT-C)||3.5 %|
|Nomadic Tribes 3 (NT-D)||2 %|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||19 %|
|Sons/daughters of Defence service personnel||5 %|
|Physically Handicapped Candidates||3 %|
|Female candidates||30 %|
MHT CET Exam Pattern:
Papers: Three sections – Physics & Chemistry- (Paper I), Biology (Paper II) and Mathematics (Paper I). A candidate need to attempt two papers (Paper I and Paper II, Paper I and Paper III).
Paper I: Physics & Chemistry (50 marks each)
Paper II: Biology (Botany & Zoology – 50 marks each)
paper III: Mathematics (100 Marks)
Marking Scheme: No negative marking.
Exam Duration: 3 hours for Paper I and 1.5 hours for paper I & paper II.
MHT CET Result:
Result will declare on or before 14 May 2012. one can see his/her result at DTE Mumbai’s website, http://www.dte.org.in or at DMER’s website http://www.dmer.org.