What is Biomedical Engineering?
Biomedical Engineering is a branch of science where the engineering principles and techniques are applied in the medical field. Biomedical Engineers develops and manufactures diagnostic devices, drugs, medical devices etc. Artificial organs like kidneys, pacemakers, surgical devices like magnetic resonance imaging machine, laser system treatment for eyes are result of successful Biomedical Engineering.
Major Biomedical field in which a student can make his / her career are Bio Nutrition, Bio-Materials, Bio Mechanics, Medical Imaging, Genetic Engineering, Cellular & Tissue Engineering.
Top Biomedical Engineering Colleges
- M.I.E.T. Engineering College, Anna University Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Khaja Banda Nawaz College of Engineering, Visvesvaraya Technological University, Karnataka
- University College of Engineering, Osmania University, Andhra Pradesh
- Samrat Ashoka Technological Institute, Vikram University, Madhya Pradesh
- University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Punjab University, Chandigarh
- Raipur Institute of Technology, Pandit Ravishankar Shukla University, Chhattisgarh
- J.B Institute of Engineering & Technology, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Bharatratna Indira Gandhi College of Engineering, Solapur University, Maharashtra
- Odaiyappa College of Engineering And Technology, Anna University Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Avinashilingam University For Women, Avinashilingam University for Women, Tamil Nadu
- C.R. State College of Engineering, Maharshi Dayanand University, Haryana
- Alfa Institute Of Medical & Engineering, Andhra University, Andhra Pradesh
- C.U. Shah College of Engineering And Technology, Wadhvan Gujarat Technological University, Gujarat
- Government Engineering College, Gujarat Technological University, Gujarat