What is AIFD?
Army Institute Of Fashion & Design (AIFD), Bangalore was established in 2004 by Army Welfare Education Society for professional education in Fashion Designing.
- Candidate need to give Written Admission Test (WAT) to get admission in B. Sc course.
- Candidate need to give Creative Aptitude Test (CAT) and Interview to get admission into M. Sc course.
Candidates can either get application form from AIFD Bangalore and AWES branches or candidate can download application form from website. In both options candidate needs to send duly filled form at AIFD with demand draft of 500 rs.
WAT Important Dates (Tentative Dates):
- Application form: April month
- Admit Card dispatch: last week of April
- WAT exam date: Second week of May
- WAT result: last week of May
CAT Important Dates (Tentative Dates):
- Application form: last week of June to first week of July
- Admit Card dispatch: first week of July
- CAT exam date: last week of July
- CAT result: first week of August
Related: Probability test questions
AIFD Courses and Eligibility:
Only family member of Army / Ex Army personal can apply for admission in AIFD
B. Sc (Fashion & Apparel Design): Candidates who have scored at least 35% marks in 10 + 2 (Intermediate) exam are eligible.
M.Sc. ATM (Fashion & Apparel Design): Graduation degree in Science / Engineering in Fashion & Apparel Design / Apparel & Fashion Technology / Textile Technology / Fashion Designing / Textiles & Clothing / Costume & Apparel Design/ Costume Design and Fashion / Silk Technology with minimum 50% marks.
AIFD WAT and CAT Exam Pattern:
- Maximum Marks: 100 marks
- Maximum Time: 3 hours
- Negative Marking: No Negative marking
Exam Pattern/ Sections:
AIFD WAT Exam Centres:
- Army Public School Near Signal Regiment Southern Command; Sholapur Road, Pune, Maharashtra- 411 001
- Army Public School Abdul Hamid Barracks Kamaraj Road, Bangalore, Karnataka 560042
- Army Public School Shankar Vihar, Delhi Cantt, New Delhi– 110 010
- Army Public School Ballygunge Maidan Camp Kolkata, West Bengal -700019
- Army Public School LBS Margt. Lucknow Cantt., Uttar Pradesh–226002
- Army School Narangi PO –Satgaon Guwahati, Assam–781027