Mutual funds, securitisation business credit cards, consumer loans, housing loans, besides trading in gold and forex, Saving Accounts, Current Accounts are major fields in Banking Sector.
Skills required for Banking Sector:
- Graduate in Any Stream
- Account Management
- The ability to deal with customers
- Good interpersonal skills
- An alert nature
- Basic knowledge of the industry
Following are the major Banking Fields:
Corporate banking includes raising funds for the investments, dealing treasury operations, providing their working capital needs, receivable management services etc. Unlike retail banking where normally small sums are transacted, in corporate banking usually large sums of money are involved and this requires specialized services.
Money Markets & Foreign Exchange:
Market for short-term debt securities, such as banker’s acceptances, commercial paper, repos, negotiable certificates of deposit, and Treasury Bills with a maturity of one year or less and often 30 days or less is called money market. Securities in Money market generally very safe investments which return a relatively low interest rate that is most appropriate for temporary cash storage or short-term time horizons. Bid and ask spreads are relatively small due to the large size and high liquidity of the market. The foreign exchange market (currency, Forex, or FX) trades currencies It lets banks and other institutions easily buy and sell currencies.
Investment Banking I M & A:
It is a common short term for mergers and acquisitions and groups the two concepts as a single area of interest. Although an acquisition mayor may not lead to a merger, from an investment banking point of view, the two concepts require the same expertise. M&A activity can result in consolidation or rationalization in a particular sector or industry.
An individual or institution which acts as an underwriter or agent for corporations and municipalities issuing securities. Most also maintain broker/dealer operations, maintain markets for previously issued securities , and offer advisory services to investors. investment banks also have a large role in facilitating mergers and acquisitions, private equity placements and corporate restructuring. Unlike traditional banks, investment banks do not accept deposits from and provide loans to individuals. these are also called investment banker.
Retail banking is a banking service that is geared primarily toward individual consumers. Retail banking is usually made available .By commercial banks, as well as smaller community banks. Unlike wholesale banking, retail banking focuses strictly on consumer markets. Retail banking entities provide a wide range of personal banking services, including offering savings and checking accounts bill paying services, as well as debit and credit cards.
Graduate (fresher/experienced) with good communication & negotiation skills and a keen interest in selling financial products. Knowledge of the Banking Industry and Financial Markets. Good Relationship Management & service focus Skills. Good Communication & Presentation Skills. Interpersonal & Influential Skills.
General Candidates and others First class in Graduation in any Discipline with 60% or more marks and Second class in Graduation in any discipline with 55% or more marks for SC/ST/Physically Handicapped Candidates.
Team Leaders (sales):
MBA’s with Graduation with 5-6 years of direct sales experience, with atleast 2-years in handling a large team.
Graduate/PG with relevant work experience and Interpersonal skills. Ability to work under pressure.
- Register updation on EOD Cash position, Instruments Issued etc.
- Handling Non-Cash transactions like DD/MC/TC, Fund transfer etc.
- Responsible for cash and customer transactions at the Teller counter
- Vault custodians Filing of EOD Report
- Cash balancing
- Handling the Banking System (Fin ware)
- Cash Receipts, Deposits & Payments
Graduate/PG/MBA with Relevant Experience. Sales/Marketing skills. Interpersonal & Influential skills Ability to learn Banking Operations.
- Responsible for Cross Sell & enhancing relationship with existing customers
- Selling of Investment products like Mutual Fund, Insurance
- Managing Operations like A/c opening, FD, Lockers, Forex etc.
- Relationship Management for a Portfolio of customers
- Generation of referrals from internal database
- Achieve sales targets and providing Customer service
- Customer acquisition & cross sell to walk in customers
- Report Generation & filing
- Generate business and cross sell all products and services of flu Bank
Investment Relationship Manager:
Graduate/PG/MB A with Relevant work Experience. Sales / Marketing skills Interpersonal & Influential skills. Ability to work under pressure Customer Relationship Management.
- To generate income through the various products in line with product campaigns that emerge from product and customer needs
- To meet income targets from sale of thud party products like Mutual Funds, Insurance etc
- Ensure the right product mix of Mutual Fund product sales, Insurance and T. Bills to total income generated
- Achieving Sales targets through Thud Party Products
- To ensure high knowledge levels through weekly research evaluations
- Adequate product knowledge on Third Party Products and Processes.