Eligibility for UPSC Combined Medical Service:
Maximum 31 years on 1st January of the year of recruitment. The Upper age-limit is relax-able for SCs / STs / OBCs and certain other categories as per rules.
Nationality: Same as eligibility for UPSC CDSE.
Physical Standards: Candidates must be physically fit according to the prescribed physical standards of UPSC.
Educational Qualification for UPSC Combined Medical Service:
A candidate should have passed the final M.B.B.S. Examination, candidate who has appeared or has yet to appear at the final M.B.B.S. Examination may also apply
Related: question paper on Enzymology
Exam Pattern for UPSC CMSE:
Paper – I (250 marks):
- General Ability (30 Questions)
- General Medicine (70 Questions)
- Paediatrics (20 Questions)
Paper – II (250 marks):
- Surgery (40 questions)
- Gynaecology & Obstetrics (40 questions)
- Preventive & Social Medicine (40 questions)
Interview for UPSC Combined Medical Service:
The candidate will be interviewed by Commission for Personality Test of carrying 100 marks.
Selected candidates will placed in one of the following offices/organization.
- Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Services
- Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways
- Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factories Health Service
- Medical Officers in the Municipal Corporation of Delhi
How to Apply for UPSC Combined Medical Service:
Fee: Rs. 100/- (Rupees One Hundred only). (No fee for SCs/STs/ Physically Handicapped).
Completed application must be sent to the Secretary, UPSC, Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi 110069 till October month.
Related: Biology MCQ for competitive exams