What is MHT CET (Maharashtra Health Science & Technical CET)?
MHT CET or Maharashtra CET is common entrance test conduct by DTE Mumbai on behalf of Government of Maharashtra for accepting admission of candidates in Health Science, BVSc & AH, Engineering and Pharmacy courses in various colleges in Maharashtra.
Related: MAH CET Engg. Sample Papers
MHT CET Notification:
- Application forms will be available from Jr. College/High School/Divisional Authority.
- Last date of submition of application form: last week of March
- Last date to receive admit card: First week of May
- Date of Examination: Second week of May
MHT CET Eligibility:
- Eligibility For Maharashtra Candidates: Those who have appeard for XII std. or equivalent exam or have already passed this exam are eligible for MHT CET Exam.
- Eligibility for Outside Maharashtra State candidates: These candidates are also eligible but these candidates will be able to apply for the admissions against the Institute Level Seats ONLY in the Unaided Private Engineering Colleges/Institutes on the basis MHT-CET score. There is no reservation for these candidates, they all treated as General candidates.
- All candidates applying for MHT CET must have passed their XII exam in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with minimum 45% marks (40% for Physically and Backward class candidates of Maharashta State ONLY).
MAH CET Reservation:
Here is chart for reservation:
- Scheduled Castes and Schedule caste converts to Buddhism (SC): 13 %
- Schedule Tribes (ST): 7 %
- Vimukta Jati (VJ)/De notified Tribes( DT) (NT-A): 3 %
- Nomadic Tribes 1 (NT-B): 2.5 %
- Nomadic Tribes 2 (NT-C): 3.5 %
- Nomadic Tribes 3 (NT-D): 2 %
- Other Backward Classes (OBC): 19 %
- Sons/daughters of Defence service personnel: 5 %
- Physically Handicapped Candidates: 3 %
- Female candidates: 30 %
MHT CET Exam Pattern:
Papers: Three sections – Physics & Chemistry- (Paper I), Biology (Paper II) and Mathematics (Paper I). A candidate need to attempt two papers (Paper I and Paper II, Paper I and Paper III).
- Paper I: Physics & Chemistry (50 marks each)
- Paper II: Biology (Botany & Zoology – 50 marks each)
- paper III: Mathematics (100 Marks)
- Marking Scheme: No negative marking.
- Exam Duration: 3 hours for Paper I and 1.5 hours for paper I & paper II.
MHT CET Result:
DTE Mumbai’s website, www.dte.org.in or at DMER’s website www.dmer.org.