PAHUNT Botany Syllabus:
Structure organisation of cell, cell theory. Light and electron microscopic view of cells. structure and functions of cell organalles : nucleous mitochondria , Chloroplast, Endoplasmic reticulum, Golgi complex lysosome, micro bodies, microfilaments ribonsomes. Centrioles and plasmids, Eukaryotic chromosome (morphology) cell and plasma membrane. Difference between cell and animal division, cell cycle significance of mitosisand meiosis.
Related: NEET Biology Sample Paper
Mendel’s law of inheritance, monohyobrid and dihybrid cross; linage and crossing over of genetic material DNA relication, genetic code transcription and gene regultion. Difference between prokaryote and eukaryotes: structure reproduction and economic importance of viruses Mycoplasma, Bacteriophage, cynobacteria (Nostoc) and bacteria.
Five kingdom classification binomial nomenclature: external morophology and life cycle of spirogyra mucor, funaria selaginella and pinus .
Elementary knowledge of microsporogenesis, megasporongenesis.Fertilization endosperm and embroyo development in angiosperms.Tissue and tissue systems, meristematic and permanent tissue, mineral nutrition essential elements and their functions: uptake of minerals transport of water and solutes.
Transpiration photosynthesis and respiration: importance, mechanism and factors affecting these processess: photorespiration. Enzymes and growth hormones with reference to their classification, chemical nature, mode of action importance. Elementary idea of photoperiodism and phytochrome.
Ecosystem – structure and function, major ecosystems i.e lake and forest; food chain., food web and energy flow, ecological crises role of man in polluting environment – air water and soil. Role of plants in human welfare: a general knowledge of plant products of economic value drugs, fibers, cereals.Wheat and rice, pulses(gram), oil seeds(ground nut), sugarcane, coal and petroleum, Food preservation methods and importance.
Principle of plant breeding and its role in improvement of crops, biotechnology, scope and importance in agriculture and industries manufacture of cheese. Yoghurt alcohol antibiotics.
PAHUNT Zoology Syllabus:
Multicellularity- Structure And Function of Animal Life:
- Structure and function of animal tissues epithelial, connective muscular, skeletal and nerve.
- Histology of mammalian organs – stomach, intestine, liver, kidney, lung, testes and ovary.
- Structure and physiology of different organ systems of human body. Skin, digestive system, respiratory system, circulatory system.
- Skeleton, joints, muscles on the basic of movement receptors.
- Endocrine system with special reference to various endocrine glands of man and hormonal co ordination.
- Vitamins and minerals ( source and disorders due to deficiencies).
Developmental Biology and Genetics:
- Female reproductive cycle in mammals. Gametogenesis alongwith structure of sperm and ovum. Types of eggs, fertilization, types of cleavage and blastula, development of mammals upto three garminal layers. Foetal membrane structure and functions.
- Growth, repair, ageing, amniocentesis.
- Chromosomes, types of chromosome, human karyotype and chromosomal abnormalities and syndromes, hormonal, chromosomal and genic balance theory of sex determination, sex linkage and sex linked inheritance in man, blood group and their significance, blood bank.
- Tissue culture, genetic engineering( brief idea), mutation gene mutation.
- Human population natality mortality, sex ratio population, explosion, dynamics of human life with respect to food supply, housing health and standard of living impact of population problems and their control.
Related: Medical Topicwise Sample paper
Taxonomy Evolution Economic Zoology:
- Classification- bionomial and trinomial nomenclature, basic features of classification, classification of different animal phyla upto classes with characters and suitable examples.
- Origin of life, theories of organic evolution- Darwin, Lamarck, synthetic evidence of organic evolution, human evolution.
- Economic zoology/sericulture, apiculture, lac culture, poultry, fishery and pearl industry.
- Protozaon disease in relation to man, insect carrying diseases in relation to man.
- Cancer types of cancer and cancer cell communicable diseases (Hepatitis, AIDS) . STD, immune response, vaccines and antisera allergies.
- Smoking, alcoholism and drug addition, symptoms and control.
- Wild conservation.
- Pesticides – users, advantages and hazards.