SSC CGL Exam:
SSC holds Combined Graduate Level Exam for recruitment to different posts in Central Government departments. Minimum eligibility criteria to appear in this exam is bachlor degree from a recorgnized university. This exam is generally called SSC Graduation Level Exam.
Eligibility for SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam:
Nationality: Applying candidate must be citizen of India / Nepal / Bhutan. or
A Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1 January 1962. or
A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Burma, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam.
Age: For Income Tax Inspector / Central Excise Inspector / Preventive Officer Inspector / Inspector / Examiner Inspector of Posts/ Assistant Enforcement Officer/ Compiler/ Divisional Accountant/ Auditors/ UDCs /Tax Assistants/ Junior Accountant & Accountant candidate must be aged between 18-27 years.
For Statistical Investigator Gr.II candidate’s age must not exceeds 26 years.
For Assistant/Sub Inspector in CBI age of candidate should be above 20 years and below 27 years.
Related: SSC Sample papers
- Bachelor (Graduation Degree) from a recognised University or equivalent.
- Compiler: Bachelor’s Degree with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or Elective subject from any recognised University.
- Statistical Investigator Grade – II: Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics / Mathematics / Economics / Commerce with Statistics as main subject in one year / two year
- For the posts of Assistants (CSS), Computer Proficiency has been prescribed as an essential qualification.
The of the Examination is conducted by SSC for the post Stenographer:
- Tier I: Written Examination (Objective Type)
- Tier II: Written Examination (Objective Type)
- Personality Test / Interview / Skill Test / Computer Proficiency Test
SSC Graduation Exam Pattern:
Exam pattern: For each correct answer one mark will be added and for each incorrect answer 0.25 mark will be deduct. In Tier II exam 0.50 mark will be deduct for incorrect answer.
Tier – I Exam (Pre): 2 hours/200 marks
- General Intelligence + Reasoning (50 Marks)
- General Awareness (50 Marks)
- Quantitative Aptitude (50 Marks)
- English Comprehension (50 Marks)
Tier – II Exam (Main): 4 hours/400 marks
Tier – II Exam (For Statistical Investigator Grade-II):
- Paper-I & II as above (400 marks)
- Paper-III Statistics: (200 marks)
Personality test carrying 100 Marks for Inspector in various department and Statistical Investigator.Interview/Skill Test/Personality Test:
Computer Proficiency Test for post of Assistant in Central Secretariat Service.
Data Entry Test at Speed of 8000 key depression per hour for post of Tax Assistant.
SSC Graduation Level Exam Syllabus:
SSC Exam centre Code and Regional centre:
Regional centre where application form should be send is same as for SSC Combined 12th Level Exam.
Positions and Departments where candidates will be placed:
For these posts candidates have to go through Personality Test:
- Assistant in Central Secretariat Service (Group B)
- Assistant in Central Vigilance Commission (Group B)
- Assistant in Intelligence Bureau (Group B)
- Assistant in Ministry of Railway (Group B)
- Assistant in Ministry of External Affairs (Group B)
- Assistant in (Cypher) Ministry of External Affairs (Group B)
- Assistant in Ministry of Defence (Group B)
- Assistant in Other Ministries/ Departments/Organisations including AFHQ (Group B)
- Inspector of Income Tax CBDT (Group C)
- Inspector, (Central Excise) CBEC (Group B)
- Inspector (Preventive Officer) CBEC (Group B)
- Inspector (Examiner) CBEC (Group B)
- Assistant in Enforcement Officer Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue (Group C)
- Sub Inspector Central Bureau of Investigation (Group C)
- Inspector of Post Department of Post (Group B)
- Divisional Accountant Offices under CAG (Group C)
- Statistical Investigator Gr.II M/Statistics & Prog Implementation (Group B)
For these posts Personality Test is not necessary:
- Auditor in Offices under C&AG (Group C)
- Auditor in Offices under CGDA (Group C)
- Auditor in Offices under CGA & others (Group C)
- Accountant/ Junior Accountant Offices under C&AG (Group C)
- Accountant/ Junior Accountant Offices under CGA & others (Group C)
- Upper Division Clerk Central Govt. Offices/Ministries other than CSCS cadres (Group C)
- Tax Assistant CBDT (Group C)
- Tax Assistant CBEC (Group C)
- Compiler Registrar General of India (Group C)
How to Apply : Apply Online from at SSC website (Pay fee st SBI in this case) at http://www.ssconline.nic.in or at http://ssconline2.gov.in