National Educational Testing (NET) Bureau conducts UGC NET during June and December for determining eligibility for the Award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) and for determining eligibility for Lectureship in Indian universities and colleges.
NET Exam Eligibility:
Educational : Master degree in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences, Forensic Science, Environmental Science, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Sciences etc with at least 55%. (50% for SC/ST & Physically handicap). Those candidates who are in final year or result awaited can also apply.
Nationality: Only resident of India are eligible for UGC NET Exam.
Age: Maximum age is 28 at the time of exam.
UGC NET Syllabus :
The UGC NET Syllabus and NET Exam Pattern is described below.
- Paper – I: This paper is general in nature and consist questions based on Reasoning Ability, Comprehension, Divergent Thinking and General Awareness.
- Paper – II: Consists of short questions based on the subject selected by the candidates. Each of these papers consists of a test booklet containing 50 objective type questions.
- Paper – III: Paper III Consists of descriptive questions based on the subject selected by the candidates.
UGC NET Syllabus and Sample Papers:
- Economics / Rural Economics /Co-operation / Demography / Development Planning/ Development Studies/Econometrics/ Applied Economics/Development Eco./Business Economics
- Social Work
- Defence and Strategic Studies
- Home Science
- Public Administration
- Population Studies
- Political Science
- Management (including Business Admn. Mgt./Marketing/ Marketing Mgt./Industrial Relations and Personnel Mgt./ Personnel Mgt./Financial Mgt./Co-operative Management)
- Adult Education/ Continuing Education/ Andragogy/ Non Formal Education.
- Physical Education
- Arab Culture and Islamic Studies
- Indian Culture
- Labour Welfare/Personnel Management/Industrial Relations/ Labour and Social Welfare/Human Resource Management
- Library and Information Science
- Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies
- Comparative Study of Religions
- Mass Communication and Journalism
- Performing Art – Dance/Drama/Theatre
- Museology & Conservation
- Tribal and Regional Language/Literature
- Folk Literature
- Comparative Literature
- Sanskrit traditional subjects (including) Jyotisha/Sidhanta Jyotish/ Navya Vyakarna/ Vyakarna/ Mimansa/ Navya Nyaya/ Sankhya Yoga/ Tulanatmaka Darsan/ Shukla Yajurveda/ Madhav Vedant/ Dharmasasta/ Sahitya/ Puranotihasa /Agama).
- Women Studies
- Visual Art (including Drawing & Painting/Sculpture Graphics/Applied Art/History of Art)
- Social Medicine & Community Health
- Forensic Science
- Computer Science and Applications
- Electronic Science
- Environmental Sciences
- Politics including International Relations/International Studies including Defence/Strategic Studies, West Asian Studies, South East Asian Studies, African Studies, South Asian Studies, Soviet Studies, American Studies.
- Human Rights and Duties
- Tourism Administration and Management.
NET Exam Pattern:
- Paper I: 100 marks / 75 minutes
- Paper II: 100 marks / 75 minutes
- Paper III: 200 marks / 150 minutes
CSIR UGC NET
CSIR conducts test for Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Lecturership-National Eligbility Test (NET). This exam conducts twice a year i.e. June and december.
CSIR Eligibility :
Education: M.Sc. or equivalent with minimum 55% marks.
Age: For JRFage of the candidate must be between 19 to 28 years. For Lecturership required minimum age is 19 years.
CSIR Exam Pattern :
- Paper-I: (General Science, Computer Science, Mathematical Science): 200 marks / 135 minutes
- Paper –II: (Chemical Science, Earth Science, Life Science, Physical Science, Maths Science): 200 marks / 135 minutes
Apply for UGC NET:
Get more details about its Exam Date, syllabus etc at UGC NET Official Website: www.ugc.ac.in.