Engineering General Service Officer:
In Indian Navy duty of a engineer is to keep ships, aircraft and submarines serviceable. Opportunities for a engineer exist to work in gigantic naval dockyards and indigenous production units. An Engineer Officer’s career is interspersed with technical courses upto post graduation level in India/abroad.
Submarine Engineer Officer:
A submarine Engineer officer is responsible for keeping submarines with all systems serviceable. Submarine Engineer officer could also get opportunities to work in Naval Dockyards and Submarine building units. On successful of the training conducted at different training establishments, Submarine Engineering officer will be processor of Dolphin Badge.
Naval Construction Officer:
One can join in the Naval Architecture Cadre of the Engineering Branch. A Naval Architect is involved in quality control, construction, repair, design, and new construction work for Navy.
How to Join Indian Navy as Engineer:
- For Short Service Commission (Submarine) only male candidates who have BE / B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 60% marks and aged between 19½ – 25 years can apply.
- For Naval Architects male candidates who aged between 16.5 to 19 years and have 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry & Maths (minimum 70% marks in aggregate of PCM, minimum 50% marks in English either in 10th or 12th class) can apply.
- Navy B. Tech Programme: Male candidates who have completed their 10 + 2 and want to join Indian navy can join Navy B.Tech program, these candidates must have 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry & Maths ( minimum 70% marks in aggregate of PCM, minimum 50% marks in English either in 10th or 12th class.
- For Navy’s University Entry Scheme (SSC) male candidates who are in final Year of Mechanical, Marine, Aeronautical/Aerospace, Automotive, Industrial & Production, Metallurgy, Mechatronics, Control Engg with minimum 60% upto VI th Semester can apply.
- University Entry Scheme (SSC) for naval Architecture: Both unmarried men and women who aged between 19 – 24 years can apply. Education qualification needed is BE/B.Tech in Naval Architecture / Mech/Civil/ Aeronautical / Metallurgical / Aerospace Engg with 60% marks.
- Special Naval Architect Entry Scheme (SNAES): Male and female candidates with BE/B.Tech in Naval Architecture with 60% marks (campus recruitment) can apply.
- Observer: Both Male and Female are eligible, Age: 19 to 24 years. Education Eligibility: BE / B. Tech in any Branch and Intermediate (10 + 2) with Physics and Maths.
Related: Indian President list
How to Apply:
Candidates can apply through Indian Navy Website. Indian Navy also publish advertisement in employment newspaper and other leading newspapers of India.