MA/M. Sc. Mathematics Syllabus :
- Realanalysis (15 Marks)
- Differential Calculus (10 Marks)
- Integral Calculus (30 Marks)
- Algebra (25 Marks)
- 3-D (Solid Geometry) (10 Marks)
- General Awareness & Logic Ability (10 Marks)
Related: Related: biology related questions
- Mechanics & Wave Phenomena (15 Marks)
- Optics (15 Marks)
- Thermodynamics (15 Marks)
- Electricity And Magnetism (15 Marks)
- Quantum Mechanics (5 Marks)
- Atomic Physics (5 Marks)
- Nuclear Physics (5 Marks)
- Periodic Solids (5 Marks)
- Relativity (5 Marks)
- Electronics (15 Marks)
Part A – (25 Marks)
- g-atom, g-ion, mole and equivalents, oxidation reduction, oxidation number, Numerical problems.
- Expressing the concentrations in molarity, normality, molality, formality, m.eq./ml, percentage (W/W, V/V and W/ V), p.p.m., mole fraction. Strength of H2 O2 solutions and oleum, Numerical problems. Problems based on chemical equations. Theory of acid – base, redox, iodometric, iodimetric and complexometric titrations, numerical problems. Qualitative analysis of cations and anions. Lassaigne’s solution, test for N, S, halogens and different functional groups in an organic compound, Determination of iodine value and saponification value of the oil and fat.
Part – B (25 Marks)
- Atomic Structure
- Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Bonding
- Coordinate Bond
Part – C (25 Marks)
- Ionic equilibrium
- Distribution Law
- Chemical Kinetics
- Electrochemical Cells
- Photochemistry pH
Part – D (25 Marks)
- Composition of Organic Compounds
- Nomenclature of Organic Compounds
- Stereochemistry of Carbon Compounds
- Electronic effects and Reactive Intermediates
- Preparation and Reactions
Related: Kinematics multiple choice questions and answers
M.Sc. Microbiology Syllabus
- Cell Biology (10 Marks)
- Plant Physiology (10 Marks)
- Inheritance Biology (10 Marks)
- History, development of Microbiology and Microbial diversity (10 Marks)
- Food Microbiology (10 Marks)
- Microbial Physiology and Genetics (10 Marks)
- Immunology and Medical Microbiology (10 Marks)
- Microbial Fermentation (10 Marks)
- Soil, Agricultural and Environmental Microbiology (10 Marks)
- Molecular Biology and Recombinant DNA Technology (10 Marks)
M.Sc. Environmental Science
- Parasitic protozoans Amoeba, Plasmodium, Leishmania, Trypanosoma and disease caused by them (Amoebiasis, Malaria, Leishmaniasis and Trypanosomiasis) and diseases caused by Helminthes (Taeniasis, Ascariasis, Fascioliasis) (10 Marks)
- Economic Zoology (10 Marks)
- Elementary knowledge of structure of cell and functions of Mitochondria, Golgi complex, Lysosome, Ribosome, Endoplasmic reticulum and Nucleus. (10 Marks)
- Definition of Ecology, History of Ecology, Relationship of ecology with other sciences, Climatic factors, Light, Temperature, Water, Humidity, Soil, pH and nutrients. (10 Marks)
- Types of ecosystem, Structure and functions of ecosystem, Energy flow in ecosystem, Forest ecosystem, Fresh water, Marine ecosystem and Desert ecosystem. (10 Marks)
- Renewable and Nonrenewable resources of energy, Elementary knowledge of forest, water, and solar energy, petroleum, coal, and natural gases. (10 Marks)
- Biogeochemical Cycles (10 Marks)
- Wildlife in India, Endangered fauna and flora, Wildlife conservation in India, National Parks and Sanctuaries and Biosphere Reserve. Biodiversity value, Threat to Biodiversity and conservation methods. (10 Marks)
- Structure and composition of atmosphere, Hydrosphere, Lithosphere and Biosphere. Ecological adaptation, Hydrophytes, Mesophytes, Xerophytes, Cursorial adaptations, Desert adaptations. Aquatic and Aerial adaptions (10 Marks)
- Air pollution, Water pollution, Noise pollution (Basic Knowledge) and Sources of air, Water and noise pollution and their control measures. (10 Marks)
GKV MCA Syllabus:
(A) Mathematics & Statistics
- Linear Algebra (10 Marks)
- Co-ordinate Geometry (10 Marks)
- Differential and Integral Calculus (10 Marks)
- Differential and Difference Equations (10 Marks)
- Vector (10 Marks)
- Number System (10 Marks)
- Statistics (10 Marks)
(B) Mental Ability (15 Marks)
Series, figure, characters, words etc. matching and sequence completeness, logical functions, truth tables etc.
(C) General Awareness (15 Marks)
Current Affairs and Computer Knowledge
Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya B. P. Ed Syllabus
Entrance Exam (30 Marks)
- General knowledge and current affairs
- Games and sports rules
- Who’s who
- History of Physical Education and Sports, Olympics, Asian Games, National Championships, Federations, Sports Institutions, Sports Awards and Sports Scholarships
Related: Hydrocarbon test questions
Physical Fitnesst Test (50 Marks)
Participation in International / National / All India Inter-University / District Sports participation (10 Marks)
Interview (10 Marks)
Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya B. Pharm. Syllabus
B. Pharm. Chemistry Syllabus (50 Marks):
- g – atom, g – ion, mol and equivalents, oxidation, reduction, oxidation number, Numerical problems.
- Expressing the concentrations in molarity, normality, molality, formality, m.eq./ml. percentage (W/W, V/V, W/ V), p.p.m., and mole fraction. Strength of H2O2 solutions and oleum. Problems based on chemical equations. Acid – Base, redox, iodometric, iodimetric and complexometric titrations. Qualitative analysis of cation and anions. Lassaigne’s solution, test for N, S, halogens and different functional groups in an organic compound, Eudiometry.
- Bohr’s and Sommerfield’s theory of hydrogen atom, Hunds’ rule, Pauli’s exclusion principle, quantum numbers, wave – particle duality, Heisenberg’s uncertainty principle, wave function, nodes.
- Periodicity in Properties, Electronic configuration, atomic size, ionization energy, electron affinity, electronegativity.
- Ionic bond, Covalent bond, Coordinate bond, metallic bond, % Ionic character, Fazan rules, Hybridization involving s, p and d orbitals, H-bond, dipole moment, Vander waal Forces, Resonance.
- Coordination compounds, nomenclature, isomerism, Warner’s theory. Radioactivity and its applications, carbon dating, Age of the earth. 5. Physical and Chemical equilibrium, Kp , Kc , Reaction quotient, Lechatelier’s principle. Ionic equilibirium, Ostwald’s dilution law, concepts of acids and bases, pH , Buffers, solubility and solubility products, salt hydrolysis, Acid – Base indicators.
- Ideal gas laws and equation, Vander waal equation, Liquefaction of gases.
- Colloids, peptization & properties, Coagulation, protection, Gold no., Gels, Emulsions, Colloidal electrolytes, Micelle, application of colloids. Adsorption and Catalysis.
- Rates of reaction, rate costant, molecularity & order of reaction, pseudo – order reactions, zero & first order reactions. Factors influencing rates, rate constant and the order of reaction. Effect of temperature, activation energy, preexponentional factor. Numericals.
- Galvanic cell, Nernst’s theory & equation for single electrode potential, cell potential, Reference electrodes (NHE, calomel and standard silver electrode). Determination of pH , solubility and transition temprature from Galvanic cell, Faraday Laws of electrolysis, Conductance cell, Conductivity, Equivalent conductance. Molar conductance. Kohlrausch’s law and it’s applications.
- Colligative properties, Osmotic pressure, lowering of vapor pressure, Elevation in boiling point, Depression in freezing point, Abnormal molecular weight and colligative properties, Vant hoff factor.
- Basic terms used in thermodynamics, I & II law of thermodynamics, Work, Different type of Heat changes, Hess Law. Application of thermodynamics to biological systems.
- Qualitative and Quantitative methods of analysis of C,H,N,S and halogens, molecular weight, molecular formula.
- IUPAC nomenclature of Organic Compounds, Optical and Geometrical isomerism.
- Inductive electromeric and conjugative effects, Carbonium ion, Carbanion & free radicals, Reaction mechanism – free redical, nucleophilic/electrophilic substitutions and additions.
- Preparation, properties and uses of Hydrocarbons, alkylhalides, alcohols, carbonyl compounds, carboxylic acids (and their derivatives). Aromatic hydrocarbons, halides, nitro compounds, amino compounds, phenols, carbonyl compound and Carboxylic acid. Basic treatment of carbohydrates, amino acids and proteins, Nucleic acids and enzymes.
B. Pharm Biology Syllabus (50 Marks):
- The Living World
- Unity Of Life
- Diversity Of Life
- Organism And Environment
- Structure And Function – Plant Life
- Structure And Function – Animal Life
- Continuity Of Life
- Origin And Evolution Of Life
- Application Of Biology
Related: Chemistry trivia with answers
B. Pharm Mathematics Syllabus (50 Marks):
- Sets, Relations And Functions
- Matrices And Determinants
- Permutations And Combinations
- Sequences And Series
- Differential Calculas
- Integral Calculus
- Two Dimensional Geometry
- Vector Algebra
- Measures Of Central Tendency And Dispersion
B.sc 3 sem sec physics ki syllabus