Indian Army Lieutenant:
Selected candidates granted in the rank of Lieutenant and can get promotion up to Lt. Col. by time scale subject to fulfilling laid down criteria.
Eligibility Criteria for Lieutenant:
Educational Qualification : Graduate from any recognised university.
Age: 18 to 42 years
Nationality: Only male citizens of India and Ex service officers who are medically fit are eligible.
Lieutenant Selection Procedure:
Civilian Candidates: The candidates are screened by a Preliminary Interview Board held at all TA Group Headquarters. Successful candidates are then required to further undergo a Service Selection Board and Medical Board before final selection.
Ex-Service Officers: The candidates are screened by an Army Headquarter selection Board which is followed by a Medical Board.
- One month basic training in the first year of Commission.
- Two Months annual training camp every year including the first year.
- Three months Post Commissioning training within first two years at IMA, Dehradun.
Soldier in Indian Army
Eligibility for Soldiers:
- Nationality: Citizen of India an Nepal are eligible.
- Age: 18 to 21 years (For General Duty & Clerk), 16 to 25 years (For Nursing Assistant)
- Education: High School pass (For General Duty), Passed Metric with English and Science (For Clerk), Matric with Biology (For Nursing Assistant).
- Height: 167 cms, relax-able for certain regions.
- Weight: 50 kg, relax-able for certain regions.
Written Examination :
Paper I: 45 minutes / 100 marks
- General Intelligence
- General Knowledge
- Mathematical Aptitude (For Clerk)
Paper II: 45 minutes / 50 markks
Subject: General English
Related: awards and honours quiz
Exam Pattern: A Paragraph of about 15 sentences on one topic out of three or four topics
Comprehension: A paragraph followed by 5 questions
English Grammar: Common Errors. Narration, Voice, Articles, Propositions, Transformation of Sentences, etc.
Law Jobs in Indian Army
On successful completion of training, candidates will be granted Short Service Commission in the rank of Lieutenant.
Educational Qualification for Law Graduates:
Law Graduate with LLB / LLM with 55% marks. Registered with Bar Council of India / State
Related: Rearrange sentences
Age: 21 to 27 years as on 1st July of the year of recruitment
Nationality: Only male citizens of India are eligible.
Marital Status : Both Un-Married and Married can apply
Selection Procedure for Law Graduates:
Candidates are required to appear in the written test which will be of 3 hours duration. Candidates are tested in IPC, CRPC, Law of Evidence, Constitutional Law and English Essay on a subject o topical interest. Those who qualify in the written test are required te e interviewed by Service Selection Boards.
Training by Indian Army:
Approx. 49 weeks at OTA Chennai Candidates not passed as fit by the Medical Board will not be admitted for pre, commission training. Applicant should therfore be medically fit in all respects.
Related: HDFC bank punchline
Indian Army Technical Entry Scheme
Indian Army publish advertisement in the month of April and September for Technical Entry Scheme.
Army TES Eligibility Criteria:
Nationality: Only Citizens of India and Nepal are eligible.
Age: 16.5 to 19.5 years as of first day of the month in which course is due to commence
Education: 12th Class of 10+2 System of Education/Equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry & Maths (PCM).
Merital Status: Only Un-married candidates are eligible.
Physical: Minimum Height 157 cms with appropriate weight. Normal eye and ear. A medical exam will be taken for declaring a candidate Physically and medically fit.
Selection Procedure :
- Intelligence Test (Qualifying Type)
- Psychological Test
- Group Discussion
- Group Tasks
- Individual Task
Technical Entry Scheme Training:
- Phase I- 01 Year Pre-commissioning Training at IMA Dehradun & 03 Years at CME Pune/MCTE Mhow / MCEME Secunderabad.
- Phase-II- 01 Year Post commission training at CME Pune/MCTE Mhow/MCEME Secunderabad.