Online Guide for Railway Non Technical Recruitment Exam
Railway recruitment boards holds a Common Preliminary Examination for Non Technical Popular Category (Graduate) which is followed by Verification of documents and qualifying test (for some posts)
How to Apply:
- Online Application: Candidate can fill application form at concerned RRB website.
- Offline Application: Applications (on a good quality A-4 size bond paper 80 GSM using one side only) complete in all respects along with required enclosures should be sent by post to the concerned Railway Recruitment Board. You can see RRB list and other details at : List of Zonal Recruitment Boards .
Railway Common Pre Exam Eligibility:
Age and education criteria for all Non Technical posts through Common Preliminary Exam.
RRB Recruitment Process:
The selection is made strictly as per merit, on the basis of written examination. Shortlisted candidates will be called for verification of the original documents according to merit, availability of vacancies and reservation rules.
(i) Written Exam: There will be common written test by RRB.
- Written test will include questions from: General awareness, Arithmetic, General Intelligence and Reasoning and Technical Ability for the post
- Negative marking: There shall be negative marking of -1/3 for wrong answer.
- Paper will be of 90 minutes with approximately 100 to 120 questions.
(ii) Skill Test:
There will be Typing Test for Jr. Accounts Assistant cum Typist & Sr. Clerk cum Typist and aptitude test for Assistant Station Master Traffic Assistant.
(iii) Railway Medical Fitness test and document verification: Those who stand in merit will be called for Medical Fitness test and document verification process.
Related: All SSC Recruitment Exams
Medical Fitness criteria:
Visual Standards—Distance vision: 6/9, 6/9 without glasses. Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 without glasses and must pass test for Colour Vision, Binocular Vision, Field of Vision & Night Vision.
Railway Sample papers and Practice Questions :
Salary for Non-Technical Posts:
- Commercial Apprentice: 9300- 34800 GP 4200
- Traffic Apprentice: 9300-34800 GP 4200
- ECRC: 5200-20200 GP 2800
- Goods Guard: 5200-20200 GP 2800
- Jr. Accounts Assistant cum Typist: 5200-20200 GP 2800
- Sr. Clerk cum Typist: 5200-20200 GP 2800
- Assistant Station Master: 5200-20200 GP 2800
- 8. Traffic Assistant: 5200-20200 GP 2000