An open Graduate Level Competitive Exam is conduct by Staff Selection Comission (SSC) for filling up the posts in various Ministries/Departments by selecting/screening the candidates for the Main examination.
Following posts will be filled through this exam.
- Divisional Accountant
- Assistant Enforcement Officer
- Sub-Inspector in CBI
- Assistant Officer in Central Sectariat Services (CSS)
- Auditor’s/Junior Accountant
- Assistant Officer in Election Commission of India (ECI)
- Central Excise Inspector
- Assistant Officer in Central Vigilance Commission (CVC)
- Custom House Inspector
- Income Tax Inspector
- Inspector of Posts
- Assistant Officer in Raiways
Related: Syllabus for SSC CGL
Eligibility for SSC Inspector Recruitment Exam:
Age: (1) 18-27 years for Inspector’s of Income Tax/Inspector (Central Excise)/Inspector (Preventive Officer), Inspector (Examiner), Inspector of Post/Assistant Enforcement Officer and Divisional Accountants/ Auditor’s/UDCs, etc.
(2) 20 to 27 years for Assistants and Sub Inspectors in CBI.
Nationality: Resident of India, Bhutal, Nepal are eligible.
A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Education for LDC: Degree of a recognised University or equivalent. Candidates who have yet to appear at the degree exams or whose result has not been declared yet are not eligible.
Distant Vision (with or without glasses): 6/6 in one and 6/9 in the other eye. Near Vision: 0.6 in one eye and 0.8 in other eye.
- For the posts of Inspector of Central Excise/Preventive Officer/ Examiner (Female candidates):
(i.) Height 152 cms., Weight 48 Kgs (Height relax-able by 2.5 cms. and Weight relaxable by 2 Kgs for Garhwalis, Assamese, Gorkhas, Kumaon Region and Nagaland Tribals and Members of ST.
(ii.) Physical Test: Walking 1 km in 20 minutes. Cycling 3 Kms in 25 minutes.
- For the posts of Sub-Inspectors in CBI:
(i.) Height: For Men 165 cms, For Women 150 cms. (Height relaxable for Hillsmen and Tribals by 5 cms.)
(ii.) Chest 76 cms. (fully expanded) (There is no such requirement in cases of female candidates).
- For the posts of Inspector of Central Excise/Preventive Officer/ Examiner (Male candidates):
(i.) Height 157.5 cms, Chest 81 cms. (fully expanded with a minimum expansion of five cms) (Relax-able for Garhwalis, Assamese, Gorkhas, Kumaon Region, Nagar and Tribals and members of ST.
(ii.) Physical test: Walking: 1600 m in 15 minutes, Cycling: 8 Kms in 30 minutes.
Preliminary Examination : Objective Type Exam.
- General Intelligence & General Awareness: 100 questions/60 minutes/100 marks
- Quantitative Aptitude & English Comprehension: 100 questions/60 minutes/100 marks
Main Exam For Sub-Inspector in CBI, Inspector in Excise/Income Tax Department etc.:
Part I: Written examination
- Quantitative Ability: 100 questions: 120 minutes / 200 marks
- English Language & Comprehension: 100 questions / 120 minutes / 200 marks
Part II: Personality Test/Interview carrying 100 marks.
There will be Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) for the post of Assistant Officer in Central Secretariat Services.
Total marks: 700 (Pre exam + main exam + Interview)
- Divisional Accountant: Rs. 5500-9000
- Assistant Officer in Central Secretariat Services (CSS): Rs. 6500-10,500
- Assistant Officer in Election Commission of India (ECI): Rs. 6500-10,500
- Assistant Enforcement Officer: Rs. 6500-10,500
- Auditor’s/Junior Accountant: Rs. 4500-7000
- Central Excise Inspector: Rs. 6500-10,500
- Sub-Inspector in CBI: Rs. 5500-9000
- Custom House Inspector: Rs. 6500-10,500
- Assistant Officer in Central Vigilance Commission (CVC): Rs. 6500-10,500
- Income Tax Inspector: Rs. 6500-10,500
- Assistant Officer in Railways: Rs. 6500-10,500
- Inspector of Posts: Rs. 5500-9000
- UDC: Rs. 4000-6000
Related: SSC Arithmetic Sample Paper
How to Apply :
SSC publish advertisement in Employment Newspaper with instructions for various posts.