An open Graduate Level Competitive Exam is conduct by Staff Selection Comission (SSC) for filling up the posts in various Ministries/Departments by selecting/screening the candidates for the Main examination.
Following posts will be filled through this exam.
- Divisional Accountant
- Assistant Enforcement Officer
- Sub-Inspector in CBI
- Assistant Officer in Central Sectariat Services (CSS)
- Auditor’s/Junior Accountant
- Assistant Officer in Election Commission of India (ECI)
- Central Excise Inspector
- Assistant Officer in Central Vigilance Commission (CVC)
- Custom House Inspector
- Income Tax Inspector
- Inspector of Posts
- Assistant Officer in Railways
Related: vice Prez of India
Eligibility for SSC Inspector Recruitment Exam:
Age: (1) 18-27 years for Inspector’s of Income Tax/Inspector (Central Excise)/Inspector (Preventive Officer), Inspector (Examiner), Inspector of Post/Assistant Enforcement Officer and Divisional Accountants/ Auditor’s/UDCs, etc.
(2) 20 to 27 years for Assistants and Sub Inspectors in CBI.
(3) For Statistical Investigator Gr. II candidate’s age must not exceeds 26 years.
Nationality: Resident of India, Bhutal, Nepal are eligible.
A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Bachelor (Graduation Degree) from a recognised University or equivalent.
- Compiler: Bachelor’s Degree with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or Elective subject from any recognised University.
- Statistical Investigator Grade – II: Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics / Mathematics / Economics / Commerce with Statistics as main subject in one year / two year
- For the posts of Assistants (CSS), Computer Proficiency has been prescribed as an essential qualification.
- Education for LDC: Degree of a recognised University or equivalent. Candidates who have yet to appear at the degree exams or whose result has not been declared yet are not eligible.
Distant Vision (with or without glasses): 6/6 in one and 6/9 in the other eye. Near Vision: 0.6 in one eye and 0.8 in other eye.
- For the posts of Inspector of Central Excise/Preventive Officer/ Examiner (Female candidates):
(i.) Height 152 cms., Weight 48 Kgs (Height relax-able by 2.5 cms. and Weight relaxable by 2 Kgs for Garhwalis, Assamese, Gorkhas, Kumaon Region and Nagaland Tribals and Members of ST.
(ii.) Physical Test: Walking 1 km in 20 minutes. Cycling 3 Kms in 25 minutes.
- For the posts of Sub-Inspectors in CBI:
(i.) Height: For Men 165 cms, For Women 150 cms. (Height relaxable for Hillsmen and Tribals by 5 cms.)
(ii.) Chest 76 cms. (fully expanded) (There is no such requirement in cases of female candidates).
- For the posts of Inspector of Central Excise/Preventive Officer/ Examiner (Male candidates):
(i.) Height 157.5 cms, Chest 81 cms. (fully expanded with a minimum expansion of five cms) (Relax-able for Garhwalis, Assamese, Gorkhas, Kumaon Region, Nagar and Tribals and members of ST.
(ii.) Physical test: Walking: 1600 m in 15 minutes, Cycling: 8 Kms in 30 minutes.
Related: Microsoft Word quiz
Preliminary Examination : Objective Type Exam.
- General Intelligence & General Awareness: 100 questions/60 minutes/100 marks
- Quantitative Aptitude & English Comprehension: 100 questions/60 minutes/100 marks
Main Exam For Sub-Inspector in CBI, Inspector in Excise/Income Tax Department etc.:
Tier – I Exam (Pre): 2 hours/200 marks
- General Intelligence + Reasoning (50 Marks)
- General Awareness (50 Marks)
- Quantitative Aptitude (50 Marks)
- English Comprehension (50 Marks)
Tier – II Exam (Main): 4 hours/400 marks
- Quantitative Ability (200 marks)
- English Language & Comprehension (200 marks)
Tier – II Exam (For Statistical Investigator Grade-II):
- Paper-I & II as above (400 marks)
- Paper-III Statistics: (200 marks)
There will be Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) for the post of Assistant Officer in Central Secretariat Services.
Total marks: 700 (Pre exam + main exam + Interview)
Exam pattern: For each correct answer one mark will be added and for each incorrect answer 0.25 mark will be deduct. In Tier II exam 0.50 mark will be deduct for incorrect answer.
SSC Graduate Level Exam Syllabus:
SSC Tier – I Exam Syllabus :
General Intelligence & Reasoning:
Semantic Analogy, Figural Analogy, Classification of centre codes/roll numbers, Semantic Classification, Symbolic/Number Classification, Figural Classification, Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Problem Solving, Word Building, Coding & de-coding, Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations, Trends, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences, Punched hole/pattern –folding & un-folding, Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Indexing, Address matching, Space Orientation, Date & city matching, Small & Capital letters/numbers coding, decoding and classification, Embedded Figures, Critical thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence.
Current events knowledge, questions related to India’s Geography, Economic Scene, History, Culture, General Policy & Scientific Research.
Pie chart, computation of whole numbers, decimals, Graphs of Linear Equations, fractions and relationships between numbers, Regular Polygons, Right Circular Cone, angles subtended by chords of a circle, Percentage, Circle, Ratio & Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Quadrilaterals, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Degree and Radian Measures, Time & Work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds, Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram.
English Comprehension: Basic comprehension and writing ability
SSC Tier – II Exam Syllabus:
computation of whole numbers, Histogram, Frequency polygon, decimals ,fractions and relationships between numbers, Regular Polygons , Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped,Percentage. Ratio & Proportion,Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time & Work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Bar diagram & Pie chart
Related: analogy questions
English Language & Comprehsion:
spot the error, fill in the blanks, synonyms, one word substitution, improvement of sentences, active/passive voice of verbs, conversion into direct/indirect narration, antonyms, spelling/detecting mis-spelt words, shuffling of sentence parts, shuffling of sentences in a passage, cloze passage, idioms, phrases, & comprehension passage.
(1) Collection Classification and Presentation of Statistical Data: Primary and Secondary data, Methods of data collection; Tabulation of data; Graphs and charts; Frequency distributions; Diagrammatic presentation of frequency distributions.
(2) Measures of Central Tendency- Common measures of central tendency – mean median and mode; Partition values- quartiles, deciles, percentiles.
(3) Measures of Dispersion- Common measures dispersion – range, quartile deviations, mean deviation and standard deviation; Measures of relative dispersion.
(4) Spearman’s rank correlation; Measures of association of attributes; Multiple regression; Multiple and partial correlation (For three variables only).
(5) Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis – Different types of moments and their relationship; meaning of skewness and kurtosis; different measures of skewness and kurtosis.
Correlation and Regression – Scatter diagram; simple correlation coefficient; simple regression lines;
(6) Sampling Theory – Concept of population and sample; Parameter and statistic, Sampling and non-sampling errors; Probability and non-probability sampling techniques(simple random sampling, stratified sampling, multistage sampling, multiphase sampling, cluster sampling, systematic sampling, purposive sampling, convenience sampling and quota sampling); Sampling distribution(statement only); Sample size decisions.
(7) Probability Theory – Meaning of probability; Different definitions of probability; Conditional probability; Compound probability; Independent events; Bayes’ theorem.
(8) Statistical Inference – Point estimation and interval estimation, Properties of a good estimator, Methods of estimation (Moments method, Maximum likelihood method, Least squares method), Testing of hypothesis, Basic concept of testing, Small sample and large sample tests, Tests based on Z, t, Chi-square and F statistic, Confidence intervals.
(9) Time Series Analysis – Components of time series, Determinations of trend component by different methods, Measurement of seasonal variation by different methods.
(10) Analysis of Variance – Analysis of one-way classified data and two-way classified data.
(11) Index Numbers – Meaning of Index Numbers, Problems in the construction of index numbers, Types of index number, Different formulae, Base shifting and splicing of index numbers, Cost of living Index Numbers, Uses of Index Numbers.
(12) Random Variable and Probability Distributions – Random variable; Probability functions; Expectation and Variance of a random variable; Higher moments of a random variable; Binomial , Poisson, Normal and Exponential distributions; Joint distribution of two random variable (discrete).
Exam pattern for SSC Audit Officer:
Part A (General English (100 marks / 2 hours)): English Language: Questions in this Component are designed to test the candidate’s understanding and knowledge of English Language and is based on error recognition, fill in the blanks (using verbs, preposition, articles etc.), Vocabulary, Spellings, Grammar Sentence Structure, Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence Completion, Phrases and Idiomatic use of words, etc. There are questions on passages and comprehension passages also. The standard of the question is that of 10+2 level.
Part B (General Awareness (100 marks / 2 hours)): General Awareness: Questions in this component are aimed testing the candidate’s General Awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matter of every observation and experiment in their scientific aspect as may be expect of an educated person. The Test also include questions pertaining t sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Scientific Research etc. These questions are such that they do no require a special study of any discipline.
Main Examination Pattern for SSC Auditor:
Arithmetic (200 marks / 3 hours): This part include questions on problems relating to Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimal and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental Arithmetical Operations, percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, discount, use of Table and Graph, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, etc.
Personality test carrying 100 Marks for Inspector in various department and Statistical Investigator.Interview/Skill Test/Personality Test:
Computer Proficiency Test for post of Assistant in Central Secretariat Service.
Data Entry Test at Speed of 8000 key depression per hour for post of Tax Assistant.
Related: list of west African countries and capitals
For these posts candidates have to go through Personality Test:
- Assistant in Central Secretariat Service (Group B)
- Assistant in Central Vigilance Commission (Group B)
- Assistant in Intelligence Bureau (Group B)
- Assistant in Ministry of Railway (Group B)
- Assistant in Ministry of External Affairs (Group B)
- Assistant in (Cypher) Ministry of External Affairs (Group B)
- Assistant in Ministry of Defence (Group B)
- Assistant in Other Ministries/ Departments/Organisations including AFHQ (Group B)
- Inspector of Income Tax CBDT (Group C)
- Inspector, (Central Excise) CBEC (Group B)
- Inspector (Preventive Officer) CBEC (Group B)
- Inspector (Examiner) CBEC (Group B)
- Assistant in Enforcement Officer Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue (Group C)
- Sub Inspector Central Bureau of Investigation (Group C)
- Inspector of Post Department of Post (Group B)
- Divisional Accountant Offices under CAG (Group C)
- Statistical Investigator Gr.II M/Statistics & Prog Implementation (Group B)
For these posts Personality Test is not necessary:
- Auditor in Offices under C&AG (Group C)
- Auditor in Offices under CGDA (Group C)
- Auditor in Offices under CGA & others (Group C)
- Accountant/ Junior Accountant Offices under C&AG (Group C)
- Accountant/ Junior Accountant Offices under CGA & others (Group C)
- Upper Division Clerk Central Govt. Offices/Ministries other than CSCS cadres (Group C)
- Tax Assistant CBDT (Group C)
- Tax Assistant CBEC (Group C)
- Compiler Registrar General of India (Group C)
How to Apply :
SSC publish advertisement in Employment Newspaper with instructions for various posts.
I am only get 35% in 12 so I am eligible for this type of exam ????
Will there be ssc recruitment exam this year?
Iam interested in customs officer or work with a CBI team.so please give instructions for me
I am interested for the custom officer post please give me detail
Hye sir iam interested for customs inspector position kindly May i know the details thank you
Hi sir am intrested job
Cbi or Incomtax
I am interested in customs officer post ,please guide me for the same as soon as possible…thank u
I am interested in customs officer post ,please guide me for the same as soon as possible.
Hello sir i am intersted for the post custom please give me some detai
Any relaxation for army personnel
Hiii sir i am intrested
i like force
i am intrested of force
ssc cbi exam date